Senior Tax Associate
At CMH Advisors, we act as Advisors First to our clients. We are a modern firm that focuses on the value-added activities that our clients need year-round while building long-lasting relationships versus being a high-volume tax preparation firm that works a ton of overtime hours during tax season. In fact, we gave the whole office April 15th off this year!
As a Senior Tax Associate, you will be part of a team responsible for tax planning, preparation and review for a wide variety of clients across many industry sectors. Additional responsibilities include reviewing client data and books for accuracy, making adjustments as needed, preparation of financial reports and tax research.
If you desire variety in your work experience, have high ethical standards, great communication skills and the drive to make an impact in the lives of those around you, then let us be your road to success! We strive to provide a wow experience to our clients and internal team. We are our clients’ most trusted business advisor while operating in a family-friendly and flexible work environment.
- Prepare tax returns for individuals and entities, including complex and multi-state returns, quarterly and annual income tax projections, estimated tax vouchers, extension forms, and all related work papers and financial statements
- Review tax returns completed by staff, making recommendations regarding accuracy and savings opportunities
- Maintain client files and electronic data in an organized and efficient manner
- Become proficient at tax research and brainstorm new ideas and innovative planning strategies
- Provide timely and responsive services for all client needs
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities, research technical matters for complex tax needs and updates to regulations
- Assist in the development of quality client deliverables and tax planning strategies
- Take ownership of managing the process for assigned workflows, including monitoring the information coming in and ensuring that deliverables are provided in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain close client relationships with growth-minded entrepreneurs and high net worth families
- Work closely with managers and directors to promptly resolve client issues
- Attend professional development and training sessions
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is preferred
- CPA/EA exam eligible; licensed CPA/EA is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of professional tax and accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Highly organized with strong analytical, research, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great sense of personal motivation
- Ability to successfully work with a team while maintaining a high level of responsibility and accountability to individual tasks
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and time-sensitive environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, SharePoint, and Excel
- Medical Insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Bonus compensation plans
- Casual and fun work environment (In-office happy hours, monthly lunches, themed workdays)
- Unlimited PTO, plus paid holidays
- Paid time to sit for CPA exams
- Firm paid TSCPA fees & CPA license renewal fees
- Firm paid continuing professional education
- Free covered parking
Please send your cover letter and resume with the subject line titled “Senior Tax Associate” to email@example.com.
About CMH Advisors, PLLC.
At CMH Advisors, we are a modern financial firm with an entrepreneurial mindset. Our team is built of self-starting individuals who like to take on challenges, celebrate the wins and put people at the center.